The Lady with the Lamp

Florence Nightingale Nurse to Soldiers - Sandy Dengler

Sweat poured from her pores. The stench of rotting human flesh was everywhere. But still she took her lamp and walked the 4 miles of hospital examining everything. Rats crawled all over helpless soldiers. Water was so unclean the soldiers begged her to give them some water that was pure and didn't smell like rotten eggs. This was not a hospital this was just a miserable hellish place for someone to die. would Florence Nightingale succeed in making this hospital a nice clean place for soldiers and nurses both?

• Florence Nightingale: Nurse to Soldiers was a very good book. Here are a few reasons why:
  • 1.) Dengler has a good was of describing things in a clear and concise way.
  • 2.)She covered a lot of details in just this one tiny book
  • 3.) You sort of felt Florance's emotions. Her frustration. Her anger. Her helplessness. Etc.

4.) Dengler added the plan of salvation in the Epilogue (which I thought was cool)

5.) throughout the book Dengler made it very clear how God was using her on her "mission field"

Here are a few reasons why i gave it 4 stars instead of 5:

1.) It was written for young children not a 16 year old. So it was very simple.

2.) I think thats my only complaint....

Overall I think this book was a great read. If you have a rainy afternoon then I suggest you pick up this book and read it. You will be glad you did.